classic beef gravy
This recipe makes about 1 3/4 cups of gravy
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until melted. tir in flour; cook 5 to 7 minutes until mixture is deep brown, stirring often. Whisk in broth until smooth; simmer 3 minutes, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in bouillon granules and pepper; stirring until combined. Season with salt, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving, 14 servings: 39.6 calories; 3.4 g fat (2.1 g saturated fat; 1.1 g monounsaturated fat); 8.7 mg cholesterol; 133 mg sodium; 1.9 g carbohydrate; 0.1 g fiber; 0.6 g protein; 0.3 mg niacin; 0 mg vitamin B6; 0 mcg vitamin B12; 0.1 mg iron; 0.8 mcg selenium; 0.1 mg zinc; 1.9 mg choline.