classic beef cheeseburgers
Master this classic burger recipe and you'll be the king (or queen) of the grill from here on out!
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons steak seasoning blend
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices cheese (such as Cheddar, American, Swiss, etc.)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- ketchup, mustard, onion slices, pickles, green chile
- Combine Ground Beef and steak seasoning in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese slice.
Cook's Tip: To prepare on stovetop, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place patties in skillet; cook 12 to 15 minutes until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Line bottom of each bun with lettuce leaf; top with tomato slice, burger and toppings, as desired. Close sandwiches.
Nutrition information per serving: 467 Calories; 26g Total Fat; 12g Saturated Fat; 10g Monounsaturated Fat; 107mg Cholesterol; 701mg Sodium; 22g Total carbohydrate; 33g Protein; 3.8mg Iron; 6.3mg Niacin; 0.4mg Vitamin B6; 81.3mg Choline; 2.6mcg Vitamin B12; 6.5mg Zinc; 30.6mcg Selenium; 1.2g Fiber.