chunky beef chili
Try this Texas-style chili recipe. No beans. All beef.
- 1 1/2 pounds beef Stew Meat, cut into 1 to 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chili-seasoned diced tomatoes
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Brown 1/2 of beef; remove from stockpot. Repeat with remaining beef. Remove beef from stockpot. Season with salt, as desired.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, onion and jalapeño pepper to stockpot. Cook and stir 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return beef and juices to stockpot. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
Nutrition information per serving: 328 Calories; 15g Total Fat; 4g Saturated Fat; 6g Monounsaturated Fat; 73mg Cholesterol; 849mg Sodium; 2g Total carbohydrate; 27g Protein; 3.8mg Iron; 3.5mg Niacin; 0.4mg Vitamin B6; 2.3mcg Vitamin B12; 5.8mg Zinc; 18.3mcg Selenium; 1.7g Fiber;