chunky beef chili
Try this Texas-style chili recipe. No beans. All beef.
- 1 1/2 pounds beef Stew Meat, cut into 1 to 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chili-seasoned diced tomatoes
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Brown 1/2 of beef; remove from stockpot. Repeat with remaining beef. Remove beef from stockpot. Season with salt, as desired.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, onion and jalapeño pepper to stockpot. Cook and stir 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return beef and juices to stockpot. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
ALTERNATE COOKING METHOD
- Recipe can be made in a 6-quart electric pressure cooker. Browning stew meat if desired. Place stew meat, onion, jalapeno pepper and tomatoes in pressure cooker. Close and lock pressure cooker lid. Use beef, stew or high-pressure setting on pressure cooker; program 22 minutes on pressure cooker timer. Use quick release feature to release pressure; carefully remove lid. (This recipe variation was tested in an electric pressure cooker at high altitude. Cooking at an altitude of less than 3000 feet may require slightly less cooking time. Refer to the manufacturer's instructions.)
Nutrition information per serving: 328 Calories; 15g Total Fat; 4g Saturated Fat; 6g Monounsaturated Fat; 73mg Cholesterol; 849mg Sodium; 2g Total carbohydrate; 27g Protein; 3.8mg Iron; 3.5mg Niacin; 0.4mg Vitamin B6; 2.3mcg Vitamin B12; 5.8mg Zinc; 18.3mcg Selenium; 1.7g Fiber;