caribbean beef and rice skillet
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- SPICY CARIBBEAN GREEN SEASONING
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup fresh tarragon
- 1/3 cup garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh marjoram ( or 1-1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves)
- 1 stemmed jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet; keep warm.<
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.<
- Add oil, carrots, celery and onion to same skillet; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
SPICY CARIBBEAN GREEN SEASONING
- Meanwhile, prepare Spicy Caribbean Green Seasoning.
- Place chopped celery, chopped green onions, fresh tarragon, garlic cloves, fresh marjoram (or 1-1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves), jalapeño pepper, fresh lime juice and salt in food processor or blender container. Cover; pulse on and off until finely chopped
- Add beef and beans to skillet. Cook and stir 5 minutes until heated through. Divide bulgur among 4 bowls. Top with beef mixture; garnish with Spicy Caribbean Green Seasoning, lime wedges and serve with additional green seasoning, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 403 Calories; 10g Total Fat; 4g Saturated Fat; 4g Monounsaturated Fat; 84mg Cholesterol; 739mg Sodium; 44g Total carbohydrate; 36g Protein; 8.7mg Iron; 8.1mg Niacin; 0.7mg Vitamin B6; 146.2mg Choline; 2.8mcg Vitamin B12; 7.7mg Zinc; 23.6mcg Selenium; 36g Fiber.