burgers with grilled onions
Classic Ground Beef burgers with a classic topping of grilled onions. Old school is making a comeback.
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 large sweet onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 hamburger buns, split, toasted
- Lettuce leaves, tomato slices
- Lightly shape Ground Beef into four 3/4-inch thick patties. Brush onion slices with cooking spray.
- Place patties and onion slices on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 14 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Grill onions, 10 to 12 minutes or until tender, brushing with cooking spray and turning occasionally.
Cook's Tip:Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- To toast buns, place cut sides down around outer edge of grid. Grill until lightly toasted.
- Season burgers and onions with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Line bottom of each bun with lettuce. Place burgers on top of lettuce. Top with tomatoes and grilled onions. Close bun.
Nutrition information per serving: 484 Calories; 25g Total Fat; 9g Saturated Fat; 10g Monounsaturated Fat; 116mg Cholesterol; 304mg Sodium; 26g Total carbohydrate; 38g Protein; 4.7mg Iron; 8.4mg Niacin; 0.6mg Vitamin B6; 3.6mcg Vitamin B12; 8.4mg Zinc; 36mcg Selenium; 1.8g Fiber.