Switch up your usual burger toppings with this French bistro-style cheeseburger recipe. Grilled onions and a tasty Dijon-style mustard sauce top these tasty cheeseburgers.
- 1 pounds Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 4 slices sweet onion (1/2-inch)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 4 crusty rolls, split, toasted
- Romaine lettuce, tomato slices
- Lightly shape Ground Beef into four 3/4-inch thick patties. Brush onion with oil. Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange onion around patties. Grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 13 to 14 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper after turning. About 1 minute before patties are done, top each with 2 cheese slices.
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread on top halves of rolls. Serve burgers and onion in rolls with lettuce and tomato.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Nutrition information per serving, using 80% lean ground beef: 555 calories; 33 g fat (11 g saturated fat; 7 g monounsaturated fat); 97 mg cholesterol; 627 mg sodium; 28 g carbohydrate; 2.3 g fiber; 33 g protein; 6.0 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.3 mcg vitamin B12; 3.4 mg iron; 18.7 mcg selenium; 5.4 mg zinc; 73.4 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of iron and choline.
Nutrition information per serving, using 96% lean ground beef: 454 calories; 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat; 0 g monounsaturated fat); 85 mg cholesterol; 623 mg sodium; 28 g carbohydrate; 2.3 g fiber; 33 g protein; 6.9 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.1 mcg vitamin B12; 3.8 mg iron; 17.9 mcg selenium; 5.4 mg zinc; 84.7 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of choline.