beefy patsy pie
A pasty is traditionally held in your hand, but trust us: You won’t mind the bowl. Ground Beef and a hearty carrot-onion-potato blend topped with flaky pie crust.
- 1 1/2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 15-ounce package)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1/4 cups shredded russet potatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Ketchup or beef gravy (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine Ground Beef , carrots, potatoes, onion, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Divide mixture evenly into six 8-ounce ovenproof ramekins or bowls, packing mixture down evenly. Set aside.
- Unfold pie crust on flat surface, pressing out fold lines with fingers. Cut crust evenly into six circles, about 3-3/4 inch in diameter. Place crust over each ramekin allowing edges to drape over ramekin rim; crimping edges to seal. Cut three slits in crust to vent; brush top with egg.
- Place ramekins on lined baking sheet. Bake in 400°F oven 30 to 35 minutes, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F and crust is golden brown.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with ketchup or gravy, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 474 Calories; 24g Total Fat; 10g Saturated Fat; 3g Monounsaturated Fat; 105mg Cholesterol; 812mg Sodium; 40g Total carbohydrate; 28g Protein; 3.1mg Iron; 5.3mg Niacin; 0.5mg Vitamin B6; 104.6mg Choline; 2.2mcg Vitamin B12; 6.1mg Zinc; 21.9mcg Selenium; 1.4g Fiber.