beefy pasty pie
A pasty is traditionally held in your hand, but trust us: You won’t mind the bowl. Ground Beef and a hearty carrot-onion-potato blend topped with flaky pie crust.
- 1-1/2 pounds Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 15-ounce package)
- 1-1/4 cups shredded carrots
- 1-1/4 cups shredded russet potatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Ketchup or beef gravy (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine Ground Beef , carrots, potatoes, onion, salt and pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Divide mixture evenly into six 8-ounce ovenproof ramekins or bowls, packing mixture down evenly. Set aside.
- Unfold pie crust on flat surface, pressing out fold lines with fingers. Cut crust evenly into six circles, about 3-3/4 inch in diameter. Place crust over each ramekin allowing edges to drape over ramekin rim; crimping edges to seal. Cut three slits in crust to vent; brush top with egg.
- Place ramekins on lined baking sheet. Bake in 400°F oven 30 to 35 minutes, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F and crust is golden brown.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with ketchup or gravy, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 364 Calories; 152.1 Calories from fat; 16.9g Total Fat (6.9 g Saturated Fat; 0.2 g Trans Fat; 0.5 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 3.6 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 122 mg Cholesterol; 665 mg Sodium; 26 g Total Carbohydrate; 1.5 g Dietary Fiber; 2.3 g Total Sugars; 29 g Protein; 0 g Added Sugars; 34.2 mg Calcium; 3.4 mg Iron; 630 mg Potassium; 0.2 mcg Vitamin D; 0.3 mg Riboflavin; 6.8 mg NE Niacin; 0.6 mg Vitamin B6; 2.9 mcg Vitamin B12; 269 mg Phosphorus; 6.7 mg Zinc; 23.7 mcg Selenium; 126 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Phosphorus, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline; and a good source of Iron, and Potassium.