beefy p b & j wraps
Not your average PB & J, or a sandwich at all. Peanut butter and jelly combined together with an Asian-style sauce make this wrap a must try for adults and kids alike.
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 medium flour tortillas (8 to 10 inch diameter), warmed
- 1/4 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and bell pepper; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; pour off drippings. Return beef to skillet; season with pepper.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
- Stir in green onions, peanut butter, jelly and soy sauce; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until peanut butter and jelly are melted.
- Spoon beef mixture evenly onto tortillas; sprinkle with peanuts. Roll up.
Nutrition Info per serving: (1 serving, 1 wrap, 8 oz.) 593 calories; 30 g fat (9 g saturated fat; 14 g monounsaturated fat); 76 mg cholesterol; 1229 mg sodium; 47 g carbohydrate; 5.1 g fiber; 35 g protein; 10.2 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 5.5 mg iron; 35.4 mcg selenium; 6.5 mg zinc.