beef, wild rice and mushroom bake
Wild rice gets a flavor boost from Ground Beef, mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes. Try this easy baked dish today.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (90% to 95% lean)
- 8 ounces assorted fresh wild mushrooms (such as cremini, siitake and oyster) or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (5.6 to 6.6 ounces) wild rice mix with seasonings
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and mushrooms; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove drippings. Stir in rice, contents of seasoning packet and tomatoes.
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
- Spoon beef mixture into 2-quart baking dish. Stir in water amount indicated in rice package directions, plus 1/2 cup additional water. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in 375°F oven 45 to 50 minutes or until water is absorbed. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Continue baking, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition information per 3-oz serving: 379 Calories; 11g Total Fat; 5g Saturated Fat; 3g Monounsaturated Fat; 86mg Cholesterol; 822mg Sodium; 36g Total carbohydrate; 35g Protein; 4.9mg Iron; 8.1mg Niacin; 0.4mg Vitamin B6; 2.3mcg Vitamin B12; 6.4mg Zinc; 26.7mcg Selenium; 2.1g Fiber.