beef spaghetti pie ole
An unexpected delicious combination of Italian and Mexican flavors...in a pie!
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (10 ounces) no-salt added diced canned tomatoes
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 3/4 cup nonfat dairy sour cream
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- PASTA SHELL
- 1/2 package (8 ounces) uncooked spaghetti
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well. In large bowl, whisk together remaining Pasta Shell ingredients. Add pasta; toss to coat. Arrange pasta in 9-inch pie dish, pressing down and up side to form shell; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking up into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Stir in chili powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cumin. Stir in tomatoes and zucchini. Gently simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated, stirring occasionally.
Cook's Tips: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Stir sour cream into remaining beef; spoon into pasta shell. Place 1 cup cheese in center, leaving 2-inch border around edge. Bake in 350° oven 15 minutes or until heated through.
- To serve, cut into wedges.
Nutrition information per serving: 582 Calories; 17g Total Fat; 8.5g Saturated Fat; 1.1g Polyunsaturated Fat; 3.9g Monounsaturated Fat; 0g Trans Fat; 158mg Cholesterol; 1088mg Sodium; 816mg Potassium; 57g Total carbohydrate; 47g Protein; 5.7mg Iron; 10.6mg Niacin; 0.6mg Vitamin B6; 144.2mg Choline; 2.9mcg Vitamin B12; 7.6mg Zinc; 61.3mcg Selenium; 4.1g Fiber.