beef sausage savory oats
Try this tasty beef breakfast this morning. Country Beef Breakfast Sausage meets steel cut oats for a hearty breakfast. Top with cherry tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and chives.
- BASIC COUNTRY BEEF BREAKFAST SAUSAGE
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93 % lean or leaner)
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 3 cups unsalted beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- chopped chives, shredded Cheddar cheese
- Prepare Basic Country Style Beef Sausage. Keep warm.
Basic Country Beef Breakfast Sausage: Combine 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner), 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add sausage mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Meanwhile, add milk, broth and salt to a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in oats, reduce to a simmer. Cook 25 to 30 minutes until oatmeal is tender and all liquid has been absorbed, stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Stir in beef sausage, tomatoes, cheese and chives. Divide between four bowls. Garnish with chives and cheese, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 429 Calories; 15.3 Calories from fat; 15.3g Total Fat (6.5 g Saturated Fat; 0.13 g Trans Fat; 1.6 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 5.6 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 98 mg Cholesterol; 724 mg Sodium; 34.4 g Total Carbohydrate; 4.8 g Dietary Fiber; 39.2 g Protein; 4.8 mg Iron; 617 mg Potassium; 6.4 mg Niacin; 0.5 mg Vitamin B6; 3.4 mcg Vitamin B12; 7.3 mg Zinc; 27.4 mcg Selenium; 111.3 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Iron, Potassium, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline.