beef jerky and spinach pasta
Try this pantry perfect pasta recipe highlighted by the smoky flavor you can only get from beef jerky.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup julienned hickory smoked beef jerky
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced garlic
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add jerky, onion, garlic and red pepper. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until jerky is tender.
- Add pasta to skillet; cook 1 to 2 minutes until heated through. Add wine; cook 3 minutes until liquid is almost evaporated. Remove skillet from heat; add spinach. Toss mixture until spinach is slightly wilted. Garnish with Parmesan and parsley, as desired.
Cook's Tip: You may toss pasta mixture with 1/8 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes when you add spinach, as desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 470 Calories; 10.8g Total Fat; 1.2g Saturated Fat; 1.4g Polyunsaturated Fat; 5.1g Monounsaturated Fat; 0g Trans Fat; 60mg Cholesterol; 1032mg Sodium; 199mg Potassium; 55g Total carbohydrate; 31g Protein; 6.3mg Iron; 3.8mg Niacin; 0.2mg Vitamin B6; 9.6mg Choline; 0mcg Vitamin B12; 1.7mg Zinc; 43.1mcg Selenium; 6.4g Fiber.