beef breakfast pizza ole
- 1 Basic Country Beef Breakfast Sausage (see recipe instructions below)
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 package (11 oz) thin-crusted refrigerated pizza dough
- 3/4 cup diced seeded tomatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- salsa verde
- BASIC COUNTRY BEEF BREAKFAST SAUSAGE
- 1 pound ground beef (96% lean)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare Basic Country Beef Breakfast Sausage. Stir in salsa verde.
- Meanwhile, unroll dough on greased baking sheet. Pat or roll evenly to 14 X 10-inch rectangle, pinching together any tears, if necessary. Bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven and top evenly with beef mixture, tomatoes and cheese. Make four "wells" in beef mixture and crack one egg in each "well."
- Continue to bake in 425°F oven 13 to 18 minutes or until desired doneness of egg is reached. Remove from oven; sprinkle with green onion. Cut into four wedges. Serve with additional salsa, as desired.
Basic Country Beef Breakfast Sausage: Combine 1 pound ground beef (96% lean), 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add beef mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. (Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.) Makes 2-1/2 cups crumbles
Cook's Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed beef sausage. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Nutrition information per serving: 454 calories; 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat); 285 mg cholesterol; 1294 mg sodium; 44 g carbohydrate; 2.1 g fiber; 37 g protein; 5.3 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.7 mcg vitamin B12; 3.6 mg iron; 33.2 mcg selenium; 5.8 mg zinc; 206.5 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium, zinc and choline.