beef and pasta skillet primavera
Lean Ground Beef, pasta and vegetables come together in a quick and easy one-skillet meal.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 can (14 to 14 1/2 oz) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat or whole grain pasta
- 2 small zucchini and/or yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
Stir in broth and pasta; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 7 to 11 minutes or until pasta is almost tender. Add squash and tomatoes; continue to cook 4 to 6 minutes or until pasta is tender and sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Garnish with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.