beef and mushroom risotto
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package (5-1/2 oz) risotto mix with garden vegetables
- 1 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Prepare risotto mix according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef, mushrooms, bell pepper and garlic over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef up into small crumbles.
- Pour off drippings. Season with salt and pepper
- Stir risotto into beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
Tips from Our Cook: Look for packaged risotto mix in the rice section of your supermarket. Risotto may be flavored with ingredients such as vegetables, cheese, herbs, etc.
Nutrition Info per serving: (1 serving, 6.5 oz.) 324 calories; 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 79 mg cholesterol; 974 mg sodium; 31 g carbohydrate; 1.3 g fiber; 31 g protein; 7.8 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 3.5 mg iron; 27.6 mcg selenium; 6.6 mg zinc.