beef and garden vegetable pizza
- 1 pound ground beef (95% lean)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped broccoli, defrosted, drained well
- 4 whole wheat pitta breads (6-inch diameter)
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon. Set aside.
Combine sauce ingredients in same skillet bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add carrots bell pepper and broccoli cook 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in beef.
Spread 1 cup beef mixture evenly over each pita top with 2 tablespoons cheese Place on baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake in 400°F oven 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle cilantro evenly over pizzas if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Nutrition information per serving: 474 calories; 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 85 mg cholesterol; 721 mg sodium; 60 g carbohydrate; 8.9 g fiber; 37 g protein; 8.5 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 5.7 mg iron; 48.7 mcg selenium; 7.6 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc.