asian braised beef with vegetables
Tender beef is slow-cooked in coconut milk to make this hunger satisfying Asian beef and vegetable dish.
- 2-1/2 pounds beef Stew Meat, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 can (13-1/2 to 14 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Asian vegetable blend
- 6 cups cooked toasted almond rice pilaf or toasted pine nut couscous (Optional)
- Combine beef, coconut milk, raisins and curry powder in stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Stir in frozen vegetables; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are just tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve beef mixture over couscous, if desired. Season with salt..
Nutrition information per serving: 870 Calories; 153 Calories from fat; 17g Total Fat (3 g Saturated Fat; 0 g Trans Fat; 0.5 g Polyunsaturated Fat; 3.7 g Monounsaturated Fat;) 105 mg Cholesterol; 2060 mg Sodium; 132 g Total Carbohydrate; 1 g Dietary Fiber; 51 g Protein; 7 mg Iron; 571.2 mg Potassium; 11.1 mg Niacin; 0.6 mg Vitamin B6; 2.9 mcg Vitamin B12; 9 mg Zinc; 36.8 mcg Selenium; 109.1 mg Choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of Protein, Iron, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Zinc, Selenium, and Choline; and a good source of Potassium