aloha beef sliders
Ground Beef, pineapple, barbecue sauce and red bell pepper create a meal from the islands.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 12 sweet Hawaiian honey wheat dinner rolls, split, warmed.
- TOPPINGS (OPTIONAL)
- Sweet or dill pickel slices or pickled jalapeños
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, onion and bell pepper; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, Worcestershire and pineapple. Bring to a boil and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Divide beef mixture evenly onto rolls. Garnish with toppings, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips - Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.
Nutrition information per serving: 585 calories; 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 121 mg cholesterol; 661 mg sodium; 76 g carbohydrate; 5.1 g fiber; 34 g protein; 6.8 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 2.3 mcg vitamin B12; 5.3 mg iron; 18.7 mcg selenium; 6.1 mg zinc; 84.1 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of choline.