BEEF GRANT PROGRAM
CLASSROOM FOOD EDUCATION
BEEF PROGRAM GUIDELINES
New Mexico Beef Council offers a grant program for high schools in New Mexico who provide coursework addressing food science, food preparation, nutrition, experimental food and culinary arts. Classrooms incorporating ProStart’s two-year curriculum qualify for the beef grant program. Additional culinary-based programs may qualify as well. An application, accompanied by a description of your beef education curriculum/activities in your classroom, must be submitted to be considered for the beef grant money.
DEADLINE APPLICATION: Due to Covid, deadline is open
DEADLINE REIMBURSEMENT: May 31, 2021
BEEF GRANT LIMIT: $1,000
1. These funds are made available to purchase beef products to teach beef cookery, nutritional benefits and beef cut utilization.
2. Beef education should include information covering the beef primal and the sub primal cuts derived from the animal.
3. Beef purchased can be fresh or pre-cooked product.
4. Beef may only be used for ProStart or pre-approved culinary arts curriculum.
5. Funds can only be used in the classroom/food lab setting with the focus being on food education. Funds cannot be used for school social events such as BBQ’s, fund raisers or other school functions.
6. It is required that the beef be purchased and then, upon submission of the “Expense Verification Form”, with receipts attached, reimbursement will take place. It must be submitted for the 2020-2021 school year to the NM Beef Council by May 31, 2021.
7. Receipts must include the name of the store, purchase date and indication that beef was purchased. Original receipts or copies will be accepted.
8. Purchases may be made over the course of the school year, as long as all receipts are received by May 31, 2021.
9. A new application must be filled out for each new school year.
10. An application form and guidelines are available at www.nmbeef.com or by contacting Patty Waid (contact information below)
*Failure to follow these guidelines will affect the school's ability to receive funds in the future.