The mission of the New Mexico Beef Council is to protect and increase demand for Beef and Beef products in New Mexico through national and state developed consumer marketing programs, thereby enhancing profit opportunities for Beef producers in New Mexico.
Board of Directors
The New Mexico Beef Council consists of nine members appointed by the New Mexico Secretary of Agriculture, with the approval of the governor, for terms of three years or less so that the terms of one-third of the Board (three members) expire on June 30 of each year. Mid-term vacancies are filled by the Secretary of Agriculture for the remainder of the unexpired term. The Secretary of Agriculture serves as an ex officio non-voting member of the Council.
All members of the Council are producers, citizens of the United States and legal residents of New Mexico. Each member must, at the time of his appointment and during his entire term, receive a substantial portion of his income from the branch of the industry they represents on the Council. In making Council appointments, the Secretary of Agriculture shall appoint one member to represent fluid milk producers, five to represent beef producers, one to represent breeders of registered purebreds and two to represent commercial cattle feeders. Appointments of Council members will be made from lists of individuals recommended by farm organizations, producer associations and individual producers.
- CHAIRPERSON - Zita Lopez — Feeder, Springer
- VICE-CHAIRPERSON - Cole Gardner — Producer, Yeso
- SECRETARY - Marjorie Lantana — Producer - Crownpoint
- NMBC DIRECTOR - Matt Ferguson — Purebred Producer - Carrizozo
- NMBC DIRECTOR - John Heckendorn — Purebred Producer - Moriarty
- NMBC DIRECTOR - James “Jim” Hill — Feeder, Mesilla Park
- NMBC DIRECTOR - Dan Bell — Producer, Corona
- NMBC DIRECTOR - Kimberly Stone — Producer - Capitan
- NMBC DIRECTOR - Joel Van Dam — Dairy Representative - Texico
- NM CATTLEMEN'S BEEF BOARD REPRESENTATIVE - Bill King — Producer - Moriarty
- FEDERATION DIRECTOR - Zita Lopez — Feeder
- USMEF DIRECTOR - Kenneth McKenzie — Producer - Encino
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - Dina Chacon-Reitzel