sweet & spicy chinese meatballs on brown rice
- 1 package (about 18 ounces) frozen fully cooked meat-balls
- 2 cups uncooked instant long grain brown rice
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 1/2 cup prepared picante sauce
- 1 cup sugar free apricot preserves
- sliced green onions
Microwave meatballs according to package directions.
Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions.
Measure 1/2 cup juice from pineapple and place in large saucepan; reserve remaining juice for other use. Stir in picante sauce and preserves; bring to a boil. Add meatballs and pineapple chunks. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with green onions.
Nutrition information per serving: 834 calories; 35 g fat; 45 mg cholesterol; 1431 mg sodium; 112 g carbohydrate; 22 g protein; 8.2 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 1.9 mcg vitamin B12; 2.2 mg iron; 7.8 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and zinc; and a good source of iron.