sirloin ramen lettuce bites
These Ground Beef and ramen lettuce wrap appetizers are perfect for company - or for any day of the week. Simple and easy to prepare.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 package (3 ounces) Oriental or beef-flavored ramen noodles
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 20 large Boston or leaf lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef into 1/2-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally.
Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
- Meanwhile, reserve ramen noodle seasoning packet. Break noodles into bite-sized pieces; set aside. Combine vinegar, oil, honey, soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of the ramen seasoning packet; set aside.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in bean sprouts, carrots and uncooked noodles. Add vinegar mixture; toss to coat. Divide beef mixture evenly between lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with mint. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information per serving: 79 Calories; 4g Total Fat; 1g Saturated Fat; 2g Monounsaturated Fat; 19mg Cholesterol; 140mg Sodium; 5g Total carbohydrate; 7g Protein; 1.4mg Iron; 0.4mg Niacin; 0.1mg Vitamin B6; 1.7mg Choline; 0.6mcg Vitamin B12; 1.6mg Zinc; 0.6mcg Selenium; 1g Fiber.