mexican-style beef crescents
- 12 ounce package refridgerated or frozen fully-cooked ground beef crumbles
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack pepper cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped drained cranberries
- 2 tablespoon apple juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 packages (15 ounces) refrigerated prepared pie crusts (3 crusts)
- 1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water
Heat oven to 400?°F. If using frozen beef crumbles, defrost according to package directions. Combine beef, cheese, cranberries, juice, cumin and garlic powder in bowl.
Cut each pie crust into 12 wedges (36 total). Place 1 level Tbsp. beef mixture on wide end of each wedge. Beginning at wide end, roll up wedges; curve ends to form crescents.
Place crescents 1 inch apart on greased baking sheets; brush tops lightly with egg wash. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warmx
Suggestions: One pound of fresh ground beef can be substituted. Cook in skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink; drain well.
Tips from Our Cook: To make crescents ahead: Cook as directed. Wrap tightly and freeze up to 2 weeks. To reheat, place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake in 350?°F oven 12 to 13 minutes or until heated.