yummy mummy pizza
- ITALIAN-STYLE BEEF SAUSAGE
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon to 1/2 crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 4 round thin sandwich breads, any variety, split
- 4 individually wrapped sticks reduced-fat mozzarella string cheese (1 oz each)
- 8 black or green olives, sliced horizontally
- Prepare Italian-Style Beef Sausage (see instructions below). Stir in pizza sauce; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Keep warm and set aside.
- Place sandwich thins, cut side up, on rack of broiler pan. Spoon equal amounts of beef mixture on each bread half. Pull cheese lengthwise into thin strips. Cut each strip into thirds. Create mummy faces using cheese strips in crisscross pattern to resemble mummy bandages and olives to resemble eyes.
- Place pizzas on rack of broiler pan so surface of cheese is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Italian-Style Beef Sausage: Combine the list of sausage ingredients below in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add beef mixture; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 1/2 inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. (Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Ground beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160ºF. Color is not a reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.) Makes 2-1/2 cups crumbles.
Nutrition information per serving, using 80% lean ground beef: 445 calories; 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat; 8 g monounsaturated fat); 87 mg cholesterol; 1058 mg sodium; 33 g carbohydrate; 7.7 g fiber; 36 g protein; 8.0 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 2.4 mcg vitamin B12; 4.9 mg iron; 18.3 mcg selenium; 5.6 mg zinc; 73.5 mg choline.
This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, iron, selenium and zinc; and a good source of choline.