asian top loin filets with soba noodle and vegetable salad
- 2 beef Strip Filets, cut 1 3/4 to 2 inches thick (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 ounces uncooked soba noodles
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, cut diagonally in half
- 1 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons diagnoally sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoons tosted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Reduced-sodium soy sauce (optional)
- Toasted Sesame-seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush beef Filets with 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Combine 2 teaspoons ginger and garlic; press evenly onto Filets. Heat heavy, ovenproof, nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place Filets in skillet and brown 2 minutes; turn Filets over and place skillet into preheated oven.
Cook's Tip: If oven-safe skillet is not available, transfer browned Filets to rimmed baking sheet. Cook 3 to 5 minutes longer for medium rare to medium doneness. Proceed as directed.
- Cook in 350°F oven 19 to 23 minutes for medium rare; 24 to 28 minutes for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Combine noodles, peas, bell pepper, basil, mint, green onion and 1 tablespoon sesame seeds in large bowl. Whisk remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce, oil, lime juice and remaining 1 teaspoon ginger in small bowl until blended. Pour over noodle mixture; toss to combine. Season with additional soy sauce to taste, if desired. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- Remove Filets from oven when internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer Filets to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
- Carve Filets into slices; serve with noodle salad. Garnish with additional sesame seeds, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 468 Calories; 19g Total Fat; 4g Saturated Fat; 8g Monounsaturated Fat; 73mg Cholesterol; 611mg Sodium; 43g Total carbohydrate; 34g Protein; 4.8mg Iron; 11.2mg Niacin; 0.8mg Vitamin B6; 6mg Choline; 3.3mcg Vitamin B12; 5.8mg Zinc; 29.2mcg Selenium; 3.1g Fiber.