Beef steak and potato kabobs
Use the microwave and the grill to expedite the cooking process for these tasty beef and potato kabobs.
- 1 pound beef Top Sirlooin Steak boneless, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 pound all-purpose potatoes
- 2 medium yellow or zucchini squash
- 3/4 cup steak sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- Cut potatoes into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Place in microwave-safe dish; cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH 6 to 8 minutes or until just tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- Combine sauce ingredients in 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 minutes, stirring once.
- Cut squash lengthwise in half. Cut beef steak and squash into 1-1/4-inch pieces. Combine beef, squash, potatoes and 1/3 cup sauce in large bowl; toss. Alternately thread beef and vegetables onto metal skewers.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9 to 11 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning once and brushing with remaining sauce during last 5 minutes.
Nutrition information per serving: 301 calories; 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 2 g monounsaturated fat); 49 mg cholesterol; 763 mg sodium; 32 g carbohydrate; 2.6 g fiber; 30 g protein; 9.1 mg niacin; 1.2 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg vitamin B12; 3.0 mg iron; 31.3 mcg selenium; 5.5 mg zinc.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber and iron.